Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Meeting new people

Today I decided to do something different and out of my comfort zone. My husband Heath, and I went to the mall to talk to random strangers about random things. I know silly right? This is not something that just comes natural to me. But I did it today! In an organic way I started a conversation with two people at the mall. Maybe not a huge accomplishment to some but for me it's huge progress towards loving people more. I want to get to know people; who they are, where try come from; Whatever walk of life. And not to try and mentor them though everyone needs a mentor, but just to give them a minute where life is about them. I accomplished that today. These are my action steps for next time so that I can keep progressing in this venture: start with a compliment, ask them something about themselves, and make sure I get their name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment