Monday, October 27, 2014

Love


I learned some amazing things yesterday about Love and the Atonement. This is technically my Sunday post so it will be a spiritual one. The Atonement, Christ suffering for our sins, is many things. It is Forgiveness, Love, Empathy, Charity, Sacrafice, and the carrying out of the Plan of Salvation. I have a great message. I know this message is great. But am I always sharing my great message? No. I will admit it that I worry what people will think of me. Not on a sense that I want everyone to like me but more in the sense that I don't want to hear that people don't like me. This was profound to me today and I choose to be different. I will boldly share my message of hope healing and freedom everywhere I go! Not because it's easy, nor because I want attention etc. I share it because I have received my own personal revelation that I should and that I need to be unstoppable with my message. Isiah 50: 5-7, The Lord hath opened mine ear and I was neither rebellious, not turned away back.
I have my back to the smiters,  and my checks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame, and from spitting. 
For The Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. 
This is what I think of when I think unstoppable. Being so clear that nothing will shake you away from what you are meant to do. You just have to decide, "Yes! I will be that way!" My decision is made. I know my purpose and as I build my identity that purpose is fulfilled. 
So how do I build my identity? Well the simple truth is to start by loving people. I heard a quote one time by a man named David Stirling, he said, "treat everyone like they are going through the biggest trial of their life and chances are, you're probably right." 
Love is kindness, patience, understanding, forgiveness, selflessness, charity. Sounds a lot like the Atonement to me. I choose to love others. I am not perfect but the choices I make today are to love the people and be unstoppable!! Who's with me?! 
On a somewhat different not I'm posting a picture of something I love! My children cuddled up with their little cousin watching a movie. My heart felt so warm watching them do this last night. There was so much love captured in this moment. Thank you for letting me share. And as always, love to live, live to love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment